Strong Full Year Result
Strong Full Year Result
Melbourne, Australia — 12/08/2015
Double digit growth in albumin and specialty products
CSL becomes No.2 global influenza vaccines manufacturer
New Privigen® facility completed
Board to consider further share buyback
CSL Limited (ASX:CSL; USOTC:CSLLY) today announced a net profit after tax (NPAT) of US$1,379 million for the full year ended 30 June 2015, up 6% on a reported basis when compared to the prior comparable period (PCP). NPAT grew 10% on a constant currency1
basis, after adjusting for the one-off costs2
associated with the acquisition of the Novartis influenza vaccine business. Financial Highlights
- Sales US$5,459 million, up 2% on PCP
o Up 7% at constant currency1
- EBIT US$1,758 million, up 7% on PCP
o Up 12% at constant currency & after adjusting for acquisition costs2
- NPAT US$1,379 million, up 6% on PCP
o Up 10% at constant currency & after adjusting for acquisition costs
- Earnings per share US$2.92, up 8% on PCP
o Up 13% at constant currency & after adjusting for acquisition costs
- Research and development investment was US$463 million
- Final dividend3 increased 10% to US$0.66 per share, unfranked for Australian tax purposes, payable on 2 October 2015
o Converted to Australian currency, the final dividend increased to approximately A$0.90 per share, up 39% on PCP.
- Acquisition of Novartis‘ global influenza vaccine business
- bioCSL business turnaround
- Hizentra® (subcutaneous immunoglobulin) - European Medical Agency & U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved flexible dosing
- CSL 654 (rIX-FP) - license application submitted to U.S. and European regulators
- CSL 627 (rFVIII-SingleChain) – license application submitted to U.S. FDA
- CSL 112 (rHDL) – global phase IIb clinical trial recruiting rapidly
- Major capital projects completed
- A$950 million share buyback completed
- New buyback4 foreshadowed
- New private placement foreshadowed
Download this release:
CSL Full Year results announcement for 2015 (0.30Mb)Additional resources:
Details about CSL's results are included in the company's 4E statement, investor presentation slides and webcast.
More ...For further information, please contact:
1 Constant currency removes the impact of exchange rate movements to facilitate comparability. See end note for further detail.
2 One-off costs totalling $22 million connected with the acquisition of the Novartis influenza vaccine business
3 For shareholders with an Australian registered address, dividends will be paid in A$ at an amount of A$0.899910 per share (at an exchange rate of A$1.3635/US$1.00), and for shareholders with a New Zealand registered address, dividends will be paid in NZD at an amount of NZ$1.006104 per share (at an exchange rate of NZ$1.5244/US$1.00). The exchange rates used are fixed at the date of dividend determination. All other shareholders will be paid in US$.
4 CSL reserves the right to suspend or terminate buy-backs at any time.