Varicella Virus Vaccine LiveVARIVAX® Refrigerated
is a vaccine used to help prevent chickenpox (varicella). It can be given to children 12 months of age and older, teenagers and adults who are healthy.
This product is available only with a doctor’s prescription.
Who is this information for?
This information is relevant in Australia and is intended for people who have been prescribed this product or health care professionals.
Consumer Medicine Information
The Consumer Medicine Information (CMI) is a leaflet written for consumers. The CMI contains information about the medicine including:
- What this product is used for
- How it works
- Before and after the vaccination
- How this product is given
- Side effects
Varivax Refrigerated Consumer Medicine Information (PDF 0.022MB)
Product Information contains information to ensure the safe and effective use of a medicine. This document is approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration and made available by bioCSL for you if you are a:
- qualified healthcare professional; or
- consumer, provided you have read the Consumer Medicine Information for the product; want further information on the product; and agree to consult with your healthcare professional if you have any questions in relation to the Product Information.
Varivax Refrigerated Product Information (PDF, 0.094MB)
VARIVAX® is a Registered Trademark of Merck & Co. Inc.
Last Updated: 29/09/2013