Hepatitis B Immunoglobulin-VF
Human Hepatitis B Immunoglobulin
For more information about Hepatitis B Immunoglobulin-VF, please visit the
Australian Red Cross Blood Servicewebsite
NHMRC website to obtain the Immunisation handbook
Hepatitis B Immunoglobulin-VF is a preparation of human immunoglobulin for intramuscular administration.
Hepatitis B Immunoglobulin-VF is prepared from blood obtained from voluntary and non-remunerated (unpaid) donors. Hepatitis B Immunoglobulin-VF contains proteins called antibodies which can help prevent hepatitis B infection from developing in a person who has been exposed to the hepatitis B virus. It can also help prevent hepatitis B infection in babies born to mothers with hepatitis B.
Hepatitis B Immunoglobulin-VF is available only with a doctor’s prescription.
Who is this information for?
This information is relevant in Australia and is intended for health care professionals or people who have been prescribed this product.
Consumer Medicine Information
The Consumer Medicine Information is a leaflet written for people who have been prescribed Hepatitis B Immunoglobulin-VF, and contains information about the medicine including:
- What Hepatitis B Immunoglobulin-VF is used for
- How Hepatitis B Immunoglobulin-VF works
- How Hepatitis B Immunoglobulin-VF is given
- Side effects
- Further Information
Hepatitis B Immunoglobulin-VF Consumer Medicine Information (PDF, 0.03MB)
Product Information contains information to ensure the safe and effective use of a medicine. This document is approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration and made available by CSL for you if you are a:
- qualified healthcare professional; or
- consumer, provided you have read the Consumer Medicine Information for the product; want further information on the product; and agree to consult with your healthcare professional if you have any questions in relation to the Product Information.
Hepatitis B Immunoglobulin-VF Product Information (PDF, 0.04MB)
® Registered Trademark of CSL Limited
Last Updated: 30/12/2012