Tetanus Immunoglobulin-VF IM
Human Tetanus Immunoglobulin
For more information about Tetanus Immunoglobulin-VF IM, please visit the
Australian Red Cross Blood Servicewebsite
NHMRC website to obtain the Immunisation handbook
Tetanus Immunoglobulin-VF IM is a preparation of human immunoglobulin for intramuscular administration.
Tetanus Immunoglobulin-VF IM is prepared from blood obtained from voluntary and non-remunerated (unpaid) donors. Tetanus Immunoglobulin-VF IM contains proteins called antibodies which can provide protection against tetanus infection in a person:
- who has not recently been immunised against tetanus; and
- who has suffered an injury which could expose them to the tetanus bacteria.
Tetanus Immunoglobulin-VF IM is available only with a doctor’s prescription.
Who is this information for?
This information is relevant in Australia and is intended for health care professionals or people who have been prescribed this product.
Consumer Medicine Information
The Consumer Medicine Information is a leaflet written for people who have been prescribed Tetanus Immunoglobulin-VF IM, and contains information about the medicine including:
- What Tetanus Immunoglobulin-VF IM is used for
- How Tetanus Immunoglobulin-VF IM works
- How Tetanus Immunoglobulin-VF IM is given
- Side effects
- Further Information
Tetanus Immunoglobulin-VF IM Consumer Medicine Information (PDF, 0.03MB)
Product Information contains information to ensure the safe and effective use of a medicine. This document is approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration and made available by CSL for you if you are a:
- qualified healthcare professional; or
- consumer, provided you have read the Consumer Medicine Information for the product; want further information on the product; and agree to consult with your healthcare professional if you have any questions in relation to the Product Information.
Tetanus Immunoglobulin-VF IM Product Information (PDF, 0.06MB)
Last Updated: 30/12/2012